Spread the word, the Aurore Expo 2016 is taking place in our Enniscorthy Centre on August 19th from 2pm. We’ll be adding exhibitors and attractions over the coming weeks, but we’ve already got practitioners from a range of special needs disciplines and approaches.
The July Provision program will take place each day from 10am until 2pm. Please bring a packed lunch each day.
Each day will have a particular theme and all activities will be based around this theme.
The themes are as follows but not in this order:
– Yoga and Mindfulness: Children can learn techniques to help them relax and unwind with the help of our 2 qualified staff members.
– Gardening and Horticulture: Children will be involved in a range of outdoor activities including, planting, seeding, cultivating garden areas, decorating garden spaces and materials for play, harvesting the crops grown and utilising the produce.
– Animal Assisted Interactions: Children will be involved in caring for and interacting with our horse, rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, goats, ducks and pigs. Children will learn how to groom, feed and play with all of the aforementioned animals in a way that develops their social skills, self esteem and confidence.
– Art and Crafts: These activities will use materials such as tiles for mosaic design, clay for pottery and sculptures, recycled materials for “upcycling” and a variety of other mediums for the creation of individual masterpieces!!
– Science Day: Children will be given the opportunity to engage and learn practical scientific information in a fun and relaxed environment!
– Messy Day: This day will consist of all things messy! From water fights and bubble parties, to a mud kitchen and making gloop and wiggling worms this day promises to give the senses lots of stimulation. Children will be introduced to a variety of new smells, textures and even tastes as they explore the world around them. A change of clothes will definitely be needed on this day!!
– Music and Movement: Children will get to experience a lot of different types of music and get hands on experience with a wide variety of musical instruments.
– Sports Day and Olympics: Children will participate in a wide variety of both indoor and outdoor sports activities. Indoor and outdoor assault courses, egg and spoon style races, various other races, team games and other physical activities will be planned. All children will receive a medal and certificate at the end of the day.
– Party: This day will be given over to dressing up, face painting, balloon modelling and over all entertainment!
– Baking and Cooking: Children will be involved in making, baking and creating a variety of sweet and savoury foods. Using produce they may have grown themselves during the horticulture days to create healthy snack and treats. Children will learn how to create snacks independently and also be desensitised to new foodstuffs, textures etc. in a fun and interactive way. They will also learn of the different foods in different cultures around the world.
We will let you know what themes apply and on which days in the course of the July Provision program.
If you have any queries get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0539233089.
Are you looking to gain experience in the childcare sector? Do you know someone who is considering a career working with children? If so Aurore Child Development Centre in Enniscorthy has the perfect opportunity for you to gain valuable experience.
We are looking for volunteers for our July Provision program, which will run for the first two weeks of July this year. The program involves working closely with children with additional needs, specifically those on the Autism spectrum.
As a volunteer you will be working alongside Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapist and Early Childhood Educators. This is a unique position to gain insights into a varied and exciting work environment.
If you are interested do not hesitate to contact us on 053 9233089.
We are now accepting bookings for our 2016 Summer Camps.
With summer holidays not far off there’s no better way for your kids to spend those long hot days of July and August than in Aurore’s Summer Camp.
Our camps are packed with fun games and exciting activities, and we’ll also spend plenty of time in the new Play Garden and visiting our Mini-farm if the weather is fine.
The camps will run for four weeks this summer to accommodate everyone’s summer schedule.
July 17th – 22nd
July 24th – 29th
August 8th – 12th
August 15th – 19th
Our Summer Camps are organised by our team of Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapists, ABA tutors, primary school teachers and early years professionals in order to provide both developmental benefits as well as a fun time for all who attend.
We are also delighted to meet with parents beforehand to tailor the camps so they benefit every child whatever their needs.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
For bookings and information call 0539233089 or email email@example.com.
7.30pm, March 15th, Creacon Lodge, New Ross
Aurore Child Development Centre are hosting an information evening for parents discussing Sensory Integration and possible difficulties children may experience
This will cover:
What is Sensory Integration? What is its purpose?
What is Sensory Processing Disorder?
Ideas and strategies to help children with SPD
If you have any questions or issues please come along, and for more information contact Aurore at 053 9233089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A chance to find out how you can support your child’s social, emotional and cognitive development through play. Get into the action and get involved in all the play activities with your child. The morning is led by our team of experienced early childhood educators who will be available for questions, advice and ideas.
Children are invited to an afternoon filled with magical moments from the orient. Come dressed as your favourite Aladdin character and be part of the action when we re-tell and re-live the story.
Want to get the most out of Santa’s presents? Join us on our info evening which will tackle the ever growing topic of apps and downloads that are available for your child’s tablet. An overwhelming App Store market tempts us into buying and there seem to be millions to choose from. We are here to lend a helping hand in making choices which can support your child’s development by having the latest information for you on Apps to support: social skills, communication, dexterity, imagination and more.
A chance to catch-up with like-minded parents, to exchange experiences, ideas and chat over a good cup of tea. These evenings will also present an opportunity to invite guest speakers to provide us with information about new and exciting developments in the field of special needs.
Come and join us every Friday afternoon for a themed and fun-filled afternoon that will set your children in the right mood for the weekend!
8th Jan: “Show and Tell” Bring in your favourite present from Santa this year and tell us all about it! Your toy will then be cast as part of our toy show before being entered into different play sessions
15th Jan: “Frozen” Party – Come dressed as your favourite characters and re-live this amazing tale by building snowmen with us. Create your very own snow globe and baked some delicious treats to treat your family with. Afterwards the frozen dance party will get our bodies moving.
22nd Jan: “Go around like a Dinosaur” – In keeping with the newest Pixar release “The good Dinosaur”, Aurore is going to be converted into a land way before time and we are inviting all explorers to enter the dinosaur explorer skill test.
There will be volcanoes erupting, search party’s formed, excavations carried out and dinosaurs hunted.
29th Jan: “The circus is in town” Your child will be part of an all-star cast of acrobats, clowns and artists. Don’t miss the fun!